Baby, it’s cold outside! No more hot summer sun, sweat-worthy humidity, or mosquitoes. Now is the time to usher in crisp, clear nights, mittens and fireplaces. There are a number of ways you can help winter birthday folk dispel the chill and remind them that every season holds its own beauty.
To Chase Away the Chill
An LED Beanie. What is the one thing that winter is known for almost as much as the cold? The darkness, of course. Gift your birthday loved one an LED hat to help them see the trail while at the bonfire, in the car, wherever they need to.
- Aromatherapy Candles. You can’t get much cozier than a candle (or three), and when you add in a subtle, calming fragrance, their house will feel even more like home.
- A Mug Warmer. That first sip of hot coffee is heaven on earth, but as everyone knows, once life (work, kids, etc.) pulls you in different directions, that coffee gets cold real quick. The gift of a mug warmer will keep their cup warm for whenever they need to wrap their palms around it.
- Visa Gift Card. Easily personalized with a custom photo and Happy Birthday text, a Visa Gift Card gift gives the birthday guy or girl the power of choice to get whatever their heart desires.
For Enjoying the Outdoors
Solo Stove Bonfire. Weighing only 20 pounds, this is a stove and bonfire wrapped in one. It can be taken to the backyard or on camping trips. It’s highly efficient and emits very little smoke and ash.
- A Sleeping Bag. Not everyone is keen on spending winter nights outside, but if your birthday person does, give them a sleeping bag that will hold up to the cold.
- Trekking Poles. Winter activities demand the right tools. Whether hiking up mountains or on a neighborhood trail, trekking poles will help them move through the snow easily and more efficiently.
- A Winter Heat Lamp. There are a number of heat lamps on the market that work well in temperatures between 30 and 55 degrees. Generally, they aren’t effective during windy conditions, but they can make sitting outside infinitely more enjoyable on a calm winter evening.
To Remind them of the Positives
Loved One’s Handwriting Coffee Mug. This is a clever way for them to be reminded of your love every day. Customize the mug with the words that you want; the finished product is in your handwriting – or someone else’s if you wish.
- Inspirational Notebook. For the organized stationery lover in your life, an inspirational notebook will be used every day as a source of motivation and positivity.
- ThoughtFulls Pop-Open Cards by Compendium: Belief. 30 cards that contain inspirational quotes inside. Your loved ones can open them when they feel the need for a bit of encouragement or give them away to spread joy.
To Comfort Them
A Variety of Cheeses. Cheese is one of the most common go-to comfort foods. Create your own basket of gourmet cheeses and present it with a bottle of wine or sparkling cider.
- Gourmet Hot Chocolate. The beauty of chocolate is that it can be paired with just about anything and still taste amazing. Give them gourmet hot chocolate to help comfort them through cold days and seemingly endless nights.
- Streaming Subscription for a Year. Or six months, whatever you prefer. There are a number of streaming subscription services that provide just about any type of entertainment someone could want. Consider Netflix, Hulu, Amazon Prime, Peacock, Crunchyroll, and more.
- Ultra Soft Marshmallow Hooded Lounger. They will take their lounging very seriously in this super comfortable lounger that is perfect for days spent indoors.
To Indulge them in Sweetness
The Sweet Spot Gift Set. Your friend will be happy they are tucked away in their house with no place to go after you give them this gift of cookies, cake truffles and Milk Bar pie.
- Unwind Lavender Gift Set. Give them a gift they would never give themselves. The gift of this box set includes a citrus and lavender-scented candle, cotton eye mask, lavender grow kit and calming pillow spray.
- Tea Drop Sampler. No teapot or filters are needed. Just melt into a mug of hot water. This sampler comes in various flavors, such as matcha, rose earl grey, and citrus ginger.
- Stemless Wine Glasses. Lovers of wine can never have too many wine glasses. Extras are great for company and when others break. Stemless wine glasses will add elegance to their existing pairs.
Winter birthdays can be tough. With everyone hibernating, it’s difficult to celebrate in style. Help your loved one seize the joy of their birthday with a thoughtful, comforting gift.
Start Choosing Your Winter Gift Ideas
So now you know what gifts are perfect for the winter season. We’ve not only given you options that address specific needs, but also clued you into the types of gifts depending on whom you are gifting to.
We hope that you were able to find something worth getting. But don’t wait too long. Because with the holidays coming right around the corner, you’ll encounter some stiff competition with other buyers.